Monday 8 December 2014

Senior Prokart Pt 3 - First Proper Run

It took a while for me to find another role in banking after abruptly leaving my previous role... there may be a lesson in that somewhere... and also in the interim, I needed to get a tow-bar fitted to my car and purchase a suitably modified trailer to carry my kart to the tracks - thank God for Ebay!

However, on first taking the kart out with a karting friend (thank you Lee!) to check the kart properly, things weren't all what they seemed... So over £300 later the kart was finally up and running and back at the track after having the brake calliper replaced, all the brake piping replaced, a crack in the chassis welded and a brand new set of Jet rims. I was therefore able to finally take the kart to Sittingbourne for its first proper run in Oct' 13 (depressingly, just over 2 years after intially buying the kart!!)


The great Sittingbourne circuit (Bayford Meadows)!


Some youngsters cutting their teeth - I hope they realise how lucky they are...


The kart after receiving the much needed TLC.


New engine covers!


Carbon fibre effect chain guards too!



A blurry picture of me in action courtesy of my Dad... :)


Needless to say it was a great day and a major milestone in my goal of taking the kart out to the various circuits in the south of England.

No comments:

Post a Comment