Thursday 24 September 2015

Senior Pro Kart Part 5 - Lydd Kart Circuit

This was it... This is what I had been aiming for since the age of about 17/18, after having got my first taste of karting when I was 16 in my friend's spare Honda pro-kart. To head back to Lydd with my own kart and thunder down the back straight, re-living the thrilling experience of having the sound of my kart's twin engines revving in my ears and the feeling of speed that you get when only a couple of inches off the ground...

July 1998 - Lydd Kart Circuit


So I had finally got myeself in a position where I could take my own kart back to Lydd. Latest updates on the kart had been another £330-£400 spent on replacing the rear axle, two new rear hubs, both engines fully serviced and dynoed for improved performance (new gaskets, new valve springs, new spark plugs, oil change...), and just in case, my Bridgestone wets were fitted to a full set of rims (requiring the purchase of two new rear rims).


I was therefore completely ready for my return to Lydd... and to top it all, the friend that had got me there in the first place agreed to come back with me on my return. Thanks Lee! ; )

September 2015 - Lydd Kart Circuit
Chasing the pack...
Needless to say it was another great if nackering day out in the kart and I got to achieve a dream I had held for a long 16 years - life seems to want to teach me patience... I was never good at being patient...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment