Saturday 27 January 2018

F1 London Live

Another motorport event that I managed to attend in July despite the short notice provided that it was taking place, was F1 London Live. I was lucky enough to attend the running of F1 cars in central London back in 2004 along with my family and so when I heard about F1 cars potentially running again in central London, I knew i had to go.




The event turned out even better than expected as it presented the chance to even get close to a number of the current F1 drivers albeit one particular driver was clearly not present. The even was put on by F1's new owners, Liberty Media and was a great way of reaching fans such as myself who, despite loving F1 for decades, do not fork out the extortionate ticket/grandstand prices every year to attend the Silverstone GP. As such, this was a really successful event and if run again in 2018, is likely to be even more packed with people than this first attempt.












Hearing the sounds of the cars again was amazing and well worth the effort to attend. If this is any indication of how the new owners of F1 intend to run the show then I am already excited about the future of the sport I love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment