Saturday 10 September 2016

Rimac


Ok, well I only discovered about this new electric hyper car manufacturer in the last few weeks when I was doing some research into the fastest electric cars currently available. I had never heard of Mate Rimac, Rimac the company he founded or the Company's Concept One model (see below) but I have been blown away by how developed the car is in terms of both its styling and performance.



The YouTube video that really got my attention was the below, in which a Rimac Concept One is raced against both a Tesla S 90D (the electric car that I had thought was the fastest available) and a La Ferrari. Against both of these, the Rimac doesn't just hold its own but comprehensively outperforms both cars with ease... Now this is a car from a car company that was only founded in 2009, by a guy born in 1988 in Croatia (a country not well known for its automotive engineering prowess) . So the guy isn't even 30 years old yet... Unbelieveable and yet a reality; a guy still in his twenties, has driven the creation of a hyper-car that can outperform the fastest available road going Ferrari, a company founded 70+ years ago.

https://youtu.be/eT7KKxoAvvk

I think the video shows what an amazing car and achievement the Concept One is and it is scary to see that an even higher performance version has now been created , the Concept S. 


If I was the other super car manufacturers, I would be more than a little worried. The electric revolution looks about to accelerate and take hold and as far as I can see, anything with an internal combustion engine is already obsolete...

No comments:

Post a Comment